Wondering what to do for Mother’s Day? Well, if you’re a procrastinator or are just stuck for good ideas, I want to share some really good ones you can use even last minute. If you don’t have all that you need, you might want to give her a photo or hint and deliver later.
6 DIY Gifts to Give Mom this Mother’s Day
1. Breakfast in Bed. Now please, with this one, don’t wake her up. Keep it personalized to HER needs. She may not want pancakes. She might want fresh juice, a cup of tea, and her favorite book. Absolutely make sure she has a flower or a few sprigs of lavender and rosemary to bring a fresh and relaxing aroma to the morning.
2. Make an entire day just for her: She’s given years. So give her a day. This day should push her out of her normal day (sans kids) and into the world. Be generous and stock her wallet with some funds so she can have a pampering adventure meant just for her.
3. Spoil her with plants: This is a tried and true way to celebrate most women, but you’re going to go above and beyond by keeping it easy and fresh. Very popular and loved options right now are varieties of air plants and succulents. They don’t require much and make a beautiful accent wherever they are placed.
4. Create a digital album of her photos: Odds are, somewhere in your mom’s house, there are stacks of faded old photographs or negatives stuffed into envelopes. They might be pictures of her as a child, or her mother, or her mother’s mother, and they deserve to be appreciated once again. Put a smile on your mother’s face by unearthing these family gems and bringing them into the 21st century. Scan and upload a bunch of images so that there are digital copies of them that can easily be shared and printed.
5. List the reasons you love her: Among the DIY Mother’s Day gifts suggested by Today.com is a decorated mason jar stuffed full of adorable and funny messages about why mom is the greatest. For example: “You give the best hugs,” or “You don’t snore as loud as dad.” The idea is that mom can open up the jar each day or whenever she needs a pick-me-up, and get a reminder about how amazing she is, and how much all of you appreciate her.
6. Make a home spa basket: Another spoil-her-silly option, this one is a hit. Get a box or a basket and fill it with her favorite ways to relax as well as throwing in some new things. Some ideas could include: a bottle of red wine, some lavender or chamomile tea, bath salts, Pure Eucalyptus Oil ShowerMist, an eye pillow and maybe even a good book!
As you can see, it’s not so hard. So go ahead, dote on her like never before. We’re proud to honor her with you!
What other ways do you spoil Mom? We want to hear about it in the comments, and don’t forget to share this with the buttons below!
What gift is worthy of a mother? She works hard, loves through and throughout, looses sleep for many reasons during each stage of the child’s life. How do you thank her? How do you let her know she’s worthy of honor on her special day, without falling into predictable, over used gift giving patterns? She should be celebrated and doted upon. And if your are stumped on the perfect gift to tell her happy birthday with, then we’ve got you covered.
First of all, keep in mind the areas in her life and schedule where she could use the most relief. Moms tend to feel overworked, (underpaid) and forgotten. Yes, they feel loved, but it’s so comforting to a mother when someone recognizes all the hard work the manage day and night, and then do something to give her rest.
So here’s what I want you to do. She deserves a day of pure relaxation. Let her sleep in. Give her time to go workout or lay by the pool. Rub her feet. Give her her own personal spa day. Compliment the relaxation further with her own personally sized Eucalyptus Shower Spray. This may seem over simplified, but once you know the benefits (and how much women love multi-beneficial gifts) I promise, you will see what a treasure it is and how wonderful of a gift it is to give.
- Applying eucalyptus oil to your forehead can be incredibly soothing for stress headaches in the same manner as peppermint oil. (see below) Like peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil can soothe, relax muscles and clear nasal passages. It’s great to inhale as well, because it has anti microbial properties that can help attack germs and viruses that may be causing the headache. Either put a few drops of eucalyptus oil into a bowl of steaming water and inhale deeply or take advantage of our Eucalyptus Oil Shower Spray, while enjoy a nice shower or bath!
- If she enjoys working out, she’ll likely want to avoid sore muscles after the work out. For topical help, spray onto muscles followed by another oil base, like almond or jojoba and you’ll quickly have a muscle recovery rub! The oil penetrates deep into the tissue (more so in the heat of the sauna) for an anti-inflammatory effect. When using the spray, simply spritz into the shower steam or the sauna/steam room. The oil in the air will then enter your lungs and be carried off to nurture the needier parts of your well-worked muscles.
- Most women love to look their best. One simple way is to steam and cleanse the skin. Go traditional and simply add our eucalyptus shower spray to one pint of steaming water in a large bowl or pot. Lean over the container, covering your head with a towel and allow your face to take in the steam for 5-10 minutes. (Alternatively, while your in the bath, add it to the bath water) This supports the skin’s natural self cleansing functions, opening pores and reducing buildup and eruptions.
She deserves to be thanked, kissed, cooked for, encouraged and made a big deal of. Because that’s what she does all the time for those around her. Give back on her birthday. Be a gift. Make her smile.
On behalf of Eurospa, tell mom “happy birthday” for us all!