If you travel often, you don’t have time to get nausea, deal with headaches, or fight jet lag. You have sights to enjoy, people to see, and places to be! I travel often, and I used to get sick with even the slightest movement of the vehicle. But after much trial and error, I learned some simple tricks to beat travel sickness and enjoy my trips after all.
8 Excellent Tips for Travel Sickness
Here they are:
- Fresh air: No brainer, right? Yet few people do it. In a car? Roll the window down. In a plane? Turn on the fan.
- Cool feet: Really. Over-heated or sweaty feet can add to nausea. Remove your shoes and socks to cool off. Take it further and spritz our Pure Eucalyptus Oil ShowerMist on the bottom of your feet. This will cool your feet and directly calm your stomach.
- Peppermint Oil/Eucalyptus: Dab a little of either oil behind your ears, and this will ease the motion nausea.
- Stay Hydrated: Staying hydrated will keep you from feeling heavy or sluggish in your digestive system. However, don’t overdo it. Take small sips to prevent overwhelming your body.
- Avoid alcohol and sugar: Both of those cause an upset and dehydrate you.
- Get rest: Before, after, and during your travel, get as much rest as you can; being fatigued will only worsen your symptoms.
- Mint: Mint flavored gum or even a little peppermint oil in water will keep you feeling fresh and in control of your stomach.
- Refresh and detox: Sweating in high heart will help you release built up radiation from travel and allow you to feel refreshed. For a fast rejuvenator, use a product such as our Pure Eucalyptus Oil ShowerMist in the steam of your shower to help boost circulation, detoxification, ease muscle stiffness, and increase your ability to focus.
These simple but effective tips will keep your traveling journeys fun and healthy. Try them on your next trip and let us know how it goes.