If your body wakes up sore and stiff in the morning, we want to talk to you. First of all, waking up with sore and stiff muscles should never be considered normal. If that’s normal for you, then your body is simply getting used to having a need not met. So let’s help you with your body stiffness naturally.
How? Here are the top ways to beat morning muscle stiffness:
Beat Morning Muscle Stiffness Naturally
- Stretch: This is the first tip because it’s so necessary. No matter how you eat and live, your muscles need to be stretched. It’s best to stretch them before bed and after you wake up.
- Hydrate: Muscles need water. If your muscles are dehydrated, they can’t function smoothly and will cramp up.
- Calcium/Magnesium: This is a supplement you should definitely look into. Calcium with magnesium feeds the muscles with what they need to grow, contract well, and relax. Take before bed to fall into a restful sleep and avoid sleep cramps.
- Limit Caffeine and Alcohol: Both are incredibly dehydrating to the muscles, and both deplete your body of calcium and magnesium. If you do need to have one of the above, drink extra water and boost your vitamin-mineral intake.
- Heat and Eucalyptus: Our Eucalyptus Oil ShowerMist is high quality, not processed or diluted, and has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe sore or stiff muscles. Eucalyptus Oil can help relax stiff muscles, allowing for pain relief and better range of motion. The best way to enjoy Eucalyptus is in the steam of a shower or in the heat of the sauna. Need tips on that? See below:
- Add 3-5 drops of straight Eucalyptus oil directly onto sore muscles. Slowly massage into skin. (It’s a strong oil though, and it may be best to dilute with coconut oil first until you know how your body responds).
- Add 15-50 drops of Eucalyptus oil to a hot bath. Combined with the benefits of the oil, the heat of the water encourages muscle relaxation and reduces next-day stiffness. For additional benefits, Epsom salts can be added to the water as well.
- The easiest option is to get our Eucalyptus Oil ShowerMist and simply spray it into the hot steam of your shower, or any sauna or steam room. You’ll not only enjoy the relaxation in your muscles, but you’ll also be breathing in the anti-inflammatory properties of the Eucalyptus.
Remember, the body has an amazing ability to heal itself when supported well through lifestyle and proper health habits. Pain in the body is also a sign of something else going on, so in addition to getting relief naturally, be sure to investigate the cause with your doctor or natural medicine practitioner.
Want more tips to help your body always feel the best? Then sign up for our newsletter right now!