Nobody likes to wake up and discover a blemish (or field of blemishes) on their face. And when the unsightly curse does occur, you need a way to get rid of it FAST.
Below, we are going to leave you with our favorite tips on how to heal face blemishes naturally from home, but without all the harsh and toxic chemicals.
- Tea tree oil. Gels containing 5 percent tea tree oil may be as effective as are lotions containing 5 percent benzoyl peroxide, although tea tree oil might work more slowly. Tea tree oil may cause a skin reaction known as contact dermatitis. There’s also some concern that topical products containing tea tree oil might cause breast development in young boys. Don’t use tea tree oil if you have acne rosacea because it can worsen symptoms.
- Alpha hydroxy acids. To put it plainly; lemons and other citrus foods help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores when applied topically. Simply get a used lemon and gently rub what’s left on your face and let the alpha hydroxy acids go to work. Alpha hydroxy acids may also improve the appearance of acne scars. They can also cause redness, mild stinging and skin irritation.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide kills bacteria due to its oxygen molecules– the oxygen creates oxidation, which breaks down harmful bacteria. Just cleanse well and rest a cotton ball of H2O2 on the pimple first thing in the morning and before you go to bed.
- Eucalyptus oil. Because of it’s antibacterial and analgesic properties, this essential oil is – essential to keeping your skin healthy. The best way is not to put it directly on the blemish, as it’s too potent. Rather, spritz some eucalyptus oil shower spray into the steam of your shower or into a steaming pot for your face! An added benefit is the cleansing your sinuses and respiratory system will experience.
- Zinc supplements. Zinc plays a role in wound healing and reduces inflammation, which could help improve acne. Taking a zinc supplement with food may reduce side effects, including a bad taste in your mouth and nausea. Zinc can also be added to lotions or creams and may reduce acne breakouts.
- Brewer’s yeast. A specific strain of brewer’s yeast, called CBS 5926, seems to help decrease acne. Brewer’s yeast may cause migraines in susceptible people and may cause intestinal upset.
- Lemon cayenne tea. Get 1/2 a lemon and squeeze the juice into a mug of warm or hot water. Add 1/2 tsp of cayenne and sweeteners such as honey, agave or stevia to bring your tea to a balance of sweet, sour and spicy. This will work your circulatory system and further your detoxification from the inside out.
- Probiotics. Invest in an internal probiotic supplement. Every gut needs a healthy balance of bacterias and most people are lacking in the beneficial bacteria. A healthy gut leads to healthy skin!