A sore throat can be the main symptom of your cold or just one of many. No matter how it arrives, it’s uncomfortable and a stubborn nuisance. But there are natural ways to kick the beast fast, and we want to share them with you.
Of course, prevention is the biggest secret to long-term health, but there are many natural remedies to compliment your preventative lifestyle choices.
3 Top Natural Sore Throat Remedies For Rapid Relief
- Lemon tea: At the first sign of your sore throat, heat up some water to a comfortable heat. Add the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. To make it sweeter, add a natural option like stevia or raw honey. Drink 1 – 3 times per day or as needed!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Similar to the above drink but a stronger flavor. Add 2 tbsp of the vinegar to about 8 oz of water. Sweeten as needed. It doesn’t taste as good, but it’s very efficient at killing bacteria and viruses while supporting your body’s fast healing.
- Eucalyptus and other menthol vapors: We all remember our parents rubbing vapor rub on our chests when we were struck with the cold, and we also remember how it relieved that burning feeling in our throat, nose, and lungs. Run a hot shower, and spritz our Eucalyptus ShowerMist into the steam for the best results.
Eucalyptus is refreshing, stimulating and a powerful, long-lasting oil with a very nostalgic aroma. It’s a must-have for every family medicine cabinet, due to it’s antibacterial and antiviral healing potency.
In addition to sore throat relief, other benefits of eucalyptus include:
- Respiratory aid with a strong influence on breathing and regenerating lung tissue/function.
- Stimulates oxygen uptake in our cell tissues and increases circulation. Increased oxygenation in the lungs promotes the cleansing and repair function of red blood cells.
- Eucalyptus eases inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, as well as nasal congestion.
- Eucalyptus helps to relieve fevers. Useful in cool compresses; apply to the forehead, back of the neck, over the kidneys and pelvic region. Only a small amount is needed.
You can get relief naturally, today. There’s nothing to lose, except that sore throat.
Feeling better yet? Let us know how you conquer sore throats in the comments and show us some love with a share!