Wondering what to do for Mother’s Day? Well, if you’re a procrastinator or are just stuck for good ideas, I want to share some really good ones you can use even last minute. If you don’t have all that you need, you might want to give her a photo or hint and deliver later.
6 DIY Gifts to Give Mom this Mother’s Day
1. Breakfast in Bed. Now please, with this one, don’t wake her up. Keep it personalized to HER needs. She may not want pancakes. She might want fresh juice, a cup of tea, and her favorite book. Absolutely make sure she has a flower or a few sprigs of lavender and rosemary to bring a fresh and relaxing aroma to the morning.
2. Make an entire day just for her: She’s given years. So give her a day. This day should push her out of her normal day (sans kids) and into the world. Be generous and stock her wallet with some funds so she can have a pampering adventure meant just for her.
3. Spoil her with plants: This is a tried and true way to celebrate most women, but you’re going to go above and beyond by keeping it easy and fresh. Very popular and loved options right now are varieties of air plants and succulents. They don’t require much and make a beautiful accent wherever they are placed.
4. Create a digital album of her photos: Odds are, somewhere in your mom’s house, there are stacks of faded old photographs or negatives stuffed into envelopes. They might be pictures of her as a child, or her mother, or her mother’s mother, and they deserve to be appreciated once again. Put a smile on your mother’s face by unearthing these family gems and bringing them into the 21st century. Scan and upload a bunch of images so that there are digital copies of them that can easily be shared and printed.
5. List the reasons you love her: Among the DIY Mother’s Day gifts suggested by Today.com is a decorated mason jar stuffed full of adorable and funny messages about why mom is the greatest. For example: “You give the best hugs,” or “You don’t snore as loud as dad.” The idea is that mom can open up the jar each day or whenever she needs a pick-me-up, and get a reminder about how amazing she is, and how much all of you appreciate her.
6. Make a home spa basket: Another spoil-her-silly option, this one is a hit. Get a box or a basket and fill it with her favorite ways to relax as well as throwing in some new things. Some ideas could include: a bottle of red wine, some lavender or chamomile tea, bath salts, Pure Eucalyptus Oil ShowerMist, an eye pillow and maybe even a good book!
As you can see, it’s not so hard. So go ahead, dote on her like never before. We’re proud to honor her with you!